Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A new yummy flavour


I'm back! Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes for my Dad. The operation went very well and he is recovering very nicely. He stayed in hospital for two and a half days and then I spent a day getting groceries and then the next day I cooked food from morning until night to fill up the refrigerator and freezer so they don't have to think about cooking for a week or so! I haven't been on my feet in the kitchen for so many hours since I baked 700 cupcakes for my Brother-in-law's wedding!

Anyway, the doctors say some sea swimming will help him build up his strength but he has to let 12 weeks pass from the date of the operation, so hopefully they will get to come for some swimming before the summer is over.

Here is a new yummy flavour I experimented with before I left. They were delicious. I'm not going to reveal all my ideas for flavours but if you look closely you can probably tell!


I'd have liked the flavour in the cake to be a little bit stronger, but the frosting was very good!


Liz Cupcakes

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back Liz. Glad to hear that your dad is better now.
    Do I spot some lemon zest in the cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. It doesn't have lemon in. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best wished to your dad for a quick recovery!

    Is it meringue? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it nougat or meringue?? White chocolate? You're killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm.....I think the cupcake looks good, like a little spicy. Can't wait until you reveal the flavor!

    Glad to hear your father is doing well. xo!

    ReplyDelete