Friday, June 25, 2010

Monkey bread

I first saw a recipe for this on Ree's (aka The Pioneer Woman's) blog. I thought at the time it would be delicious, but I would make it with home made dough and not bought. Before I got around to making it, I saw another version by Deb at Smitten Kitchen.

I finally got round to making it a few weeks ago. Which recipe did I use? Well, sort of both of them. I made my own dough pretty much following the Smitten Kitchen recipe, but then I sort of followed the rest of the instructions from The Pioneer Woman's recipe. A bit vague, I know, but basically I did what I thought would be the easiest! It was divine. And it might be a bit calorific.

You could easily cut down the butter a little. But not too much, since it is supposed to be a treat! I think it makes a perfect recipe for setting up on an evening and then baking in the morning for breakfast. In fact, when I have guests this summer (starting today) I'm going to be making it for them!

Liz Cupcakes


  1. This monkey bread (by the way first time I've heard of it) sounds delicious but it's too rich for me.

  2. Calorific sounds gr8!=P
    Juicy'n'sweet, yummy!!!

  3. Looks delicious!!!! Wonder if you'll make it for us too... forgot we have to come first....ahahah...

  4. I saw this recipe on Deb's blog also and I immediately thought of making it. Then I realized how much butter it contained and I decided not to. You are tempting me again Liz. I think I WILL make this. Somebody stop me!

  5. Amazing post !!!! Congrats :)

  6. Nice stuff! I have yet to make monkey bread. Merging recipes is always fun... you get the best from both :)