Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mint choc chip

We're back in Nafplio! We had a really great time! I didn't realise how much I needed that break but I really did! Even though the weather forecast was not looking good when we left and it was really really cold when we arrived in the evening, it picked up and was sunny nearly every day!

Just before we left, the orange groves were starting to bud and the difference two weeks makes is amazing. They are in full bloom! As we were driving home along the last stretch of road towards Nafplio yesterday in the late afternoon we were suddenly engulfed in the delicious scent! We have a grove opposite our house and it's like living in a perfume bottle.


The garden has also gone wild! I'll have to try and tidy it up a little and let you see. I have managed to get a few little things going and it's time to get sowing some more things!

So, now we're back and I really should be unpacking, so the natural thing for me to do was to whip up a new flavour for you to try. One of my favourite flavour combinations is mint and chocolate. It's a popular flavour in the UK but not so often found here in Greece.


This is a Mint Chocolate Chip cupcake. Chocolate chip cake topped with mint infused white chocolate ganache on top and a minty chocolate to crown it off. This one is definitely not sugar-free. It's not fat free either. Or gluten free. It's for pure indulgence. A treat. A one-off. If you can resist the rest.


In other news...I may or may not have done some shopping in the UK and I may or may not have found one or two cute little things to give-away. But we will get to that in another post since I haven't unpacked yet :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment